Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang By Slow Boat From Thailand To Laos
This is the basic transfer from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang takes 3 day 2 nights and then take slow boat to Luang Prabang on the Mekong River, from Northern of Thailand to Laos, the trip will stay an overnight in Chiang Khong and Pakbeng.
Stop on the way to visiting White Temple in Chiang Rai province, English speaking guide not included in the package tours.
This low-budget to take the slow boat Laos on the Mekong River.
Takes 3 day 2 night package slow boat to Laung Prabang form Chiang Mai,
The driver will pick you up more people and then will pick you up at 9-10 am from Chiang Mai, on the way stop for lunch and visiting White Temple in Chiang Rai province, the driver will tell you only 20 minutes, the continue to Chiang Khong for stay an overnight and dinner at the guesthouse.
The next day you will start the day with breakfast. Once you have eaten you will be picked up and taken to the Thai immigration office. Here you must fill out the required documentation and get your passport stamped, then you will be taken across the border into Laos via the friendship bridge to get your Laos visa. Once in Laos you will take a lovely 2 day slow boat journey to Luang Prabang.
Before take the boat a guide will changing your mind to the bus and charge you more money, or sell a room in Pakbeng and exchange money bed rate.
The first boat trip begins at 11 – 12 am the lunch is take away and snack, the boat will arrival in Pakbeng about 5 pm. (accommodation in Pakbeng is included!)
The second the boat will departure at 9 am from Pakbang, no seat number (first come first serve) food drink please take away, the boat will passing Buddha caves, the boat will arriving into Luang Prabang about 5 pm.
The boat stop outside of the town you have to take Tuk Tuk into town by yourself the cost 10,000 each
• 9-10 am pick up from hotel in Chiang Mai
• Journey to Chiang Kong (6 hours) arriving at accommodation.
• Overnight in Chiang Kong (accommodation included)
• 6-7:30 breakfast at your guesthouse
• Transport to Boarder Thailand
• Transport across Friendship Bridge to Laos
• Boarder Laos (entry visa)
• 11-12 am the boat will departure to Pakbang
• 5 pm will arrive in Pakbang
• Stay for the night in Pakbang (accommodation included)
• At 9:30 am boat trip to Luang Prabang
• At 5 pm arrival into Luang Prabang
• GUEST HOUSE – fan room Chiang Kong and in Pakbeng twin room with bathroom
The cost 3,500 BAHT each
• GUEST HOUSE – Air-conditioned room in Chiang Kong and In Pakbeng
The cost 4,500 BAHT each
Single charge 1,500 Baht
Included in tour:
• Transport to Chiang Khong by minivan
• Chiang Cong 1 night accommodation and in Pakbang
• Dinner in Chiang kong
• Breakfast in Chinag kong
• Packed lunch for the boat trip day one
• 2 day tickets for boat to Luang Prabang
• This is a transport service only,
Not included in tour:
• Any drinks
• Visa costs on the Laos side
• Any extra food other than stated above
• Dinner in Pakbang
• Not a tour Package